How to Care for Your Bamboo Products
The proper care of your bamboo pillows, bed sheets, and other items makes them last longer. That’s a guarantee The Bamboo Pillow is proud to make. We ensure our bamboo products are manufactured with the highest quality. How they are taken care of determines your ultimate satisfaction.
The care instructions for each bamboo product vary. Therefore, you should precisely follow the care instructions to maximize the enjoyment of your purchases. For example, delicate items need additional care when washing for the first time. Upon receiving your bamboo item(s), please consider the following.
Once You Receive Your Bamboo Products
- Carefully remove the packaging from your bamboo bedding products. Avoid using any sharp objects to prevent puncturing. This is especially the case for our bamboo pillows.
- Your bamboo pillow may look slightly deformed upon removal due to handling during transit. Allow one to two days for it to return to its original shape before use.
- Before you sleep on your bamboo bedding, let them air out for at least a day. This helps to eliminate package and foam odors. Because bamboo is naturally breathable, unpleasant smells will disperse during this process. For fast results, hang your bamboo products out of or near an open window.
- If the bamboo pillow doesn’t feel right for the first few nights, please continue using it. Our bamboo pillows are made of shredded memory foam. They will mold to the shape of your head or neck in time.
How to Wash and Clean Bamboo Products
- Always separate light colours from dark ones.
- Bamboo pillows come with a removable cover. This should be washed according to its instructions. We recommend hand washing pillows and hanging them until dry.
- Before machine laundering, zip-close bamboo pillowcases, bed sheets, duvets, and coverlets. For delicate pieces, use a laundry net bag to prevent stretching them out.
- Avoid using bleach and fabric conditioner on your bamboo clothing, These chemicals can damage the products’ fibers and decrease its moisture-wicking properties.
- We produce some of our bamboo products with a variety of fabrics, like cotton. Thus, always check the care tag for specific instructions.
- Hang your bamboo products on a washing line to dry. If this is not possible, tumble dry on low heat or a mild setting. Do not keep your bamboo products in the dryer for longer than necessary. Once done, promptly remove the products.
- Use low heat when ironing your bamboo clothes, bed sheets or pillowcases. Bamboo products are durable; however, fiber damage can occur due to excessive heat.
How to Properly Store Bamboo Products
- Heat can damage bamboo fibers and reduce their longevity. Pay close attention to where you store them.
- Avoid storing bamboo products in closets or cabinets near radiators, water heaters, or heat vents.
- Never store your bamboo pillows or duvets in plastic bags as heat and moisture can build up inside.
- It’s always best to store your bamboo products in a dry place with cool temperatures.