How to Care for Your Bamboo Products?
When you take good care of your bamboo pillows, bed sheets and other bamboo items, they can last long. That’s a guarantee The Bamboo Pillow is proud to make.
While we make sure that all our bamboo products are manufactured in the highest quality, getting the ultimate satisfaction also depends on how you take care of them.
To ensure that you enjoy your bamboo pillows, bed sheets, bedding or clothing at its fullness, we suggest that you follow care instructions as precise as possible.
Please bear in mind that washing your bamboo beddings and other products for the first time may need careful attention. Please read the care instructions carefully before washing them.
Additionally, each bamboo product has a unique and different wash and care guide. Please read them carefully before laundering them, especially delicate items.
Upon receiving your bamboo item, please consider the following:
What to do after receiving your bamboo products?
- Remove the package from your bamboo pillow, bedding or bed sheet carefully. Please avoid using any sharp objects in opening the package to avoid puncturing the products, especially pillows.
- Bamboo pillows may look slightly deformed upon removing from the package. This may be due to handling during transit. Please allow one to two days for it restore its original shape before using it.
- Before you sleep on your bamboo pillows and bed sheets, make sure to let them air out for at least a day to eliminate odours from the package or the foam. Bamboo is naturally breathable so unpleasant smells will go away after you air them out. For fast results, hang your bamboo pillows, clothes or beddings out or near an open window.
- If the bamboo pillow doesn’t feel right for the first few nights you sleep on it, please continue using it. Our bamboo pillows are made of shredded memory foam, so they will mould in to the shape of your head or neck in time.
How to wash and clean bamboo products?
- Always separate light colours from the dark ones.
- Bamboo pillows come with a removable cover, which you can wash according to instructions. For the pillows, we recommend hand washing them and hang until dry.
- For bamboo pillowcases, bed sheets, duvets, coverlets and any other bamboo items that come with a zipper, always zip them close before laundering them in the machine. For delicate pieces, use a laundry net bag to avoid over stretching them.
- Avoid using bleach as this can damage your fibres in your bamboo clothing. If you want to preserve the moisture wicking property of your bamboo clothes, please avoid using fabric conditioners as well.
- Some of our bamboo clothes are made with a variety of fabric, like cotton, so always check the care tag for specific instructions.
- When drying your bamboo products, the best route is to hang them dry using a washing line. If this is not possible, use tumble dry on low heat or a mild setting and not longer than necessary. Once done, remove them promptly.
- When ironing your bamboo clothes, bed sheets or pillowcases, always use low heat. Although bamboo products are durable, the fibres can damage easily with excessive heat.
- To remove stain, soak your bamboo items in lukewarm water using mild detergent. For hard-to-remove stains, try using baking soda and/or white vinegar.
How to store bamboo products properly?
- Heat can damage bamboo fibres and reduce your bamboo products’ longevity so always pay close attention to where you store them.
- Avoid storing your bamboo items in closets or cabinets near radiators, water heaters or heat vents.
- Never store your bamboo pillows or duvets in a plastic bag as heat and moisture can build up inside.
- It’s always best to store your bamboo products in a dry place with a cool temperature.
Follow this bamboo care guide and you can surely get value of our money. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.